Gluten Free, Vegan Banana Bread!
We have all stocked up on produce and ready to eat healthy…but then your bananas start to turn. What do you do? Make Banana Bread of course!
There are so many different variations but this one is tried and true! So many people are trying to eat more plant based and gluten free; and if it tastes just as good and is even healthier for you, then why not? So here is the recipe for Gluten Free and Vegan Banana Bread. This is great for breakfast, a little snack, or anytime you want something sweet but not too sweet!
- 3 – Very Ripe (but not quite black) Bananas
- ½ Cup – Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup – Coconut Sugar
- 2 T – Egg Replacer (with 4 Tsp water) – Bob’s Redmill
- 2 Cup – Gluten Free Flour – Bob’s Redmill
- 1 t – Baking Soda
- Pinch of Baking Powder
- 1.5t – Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup – Coconut Yogurt Plain (coconut-culture-natural)
- Optional But Delicious:
- ¾ Cup – Crushed Walnuts
- ½ Cup – Hemp Seeds
- 1 – Smashed Up Dark Chocolate Bar
*Bob’s Redmill brand has been the most consistent and easy to find in terms of the alternative flours and egg-replacers.*
- Preheat Oven to 350°F
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until absorbed. Pour in a loaf pan; or if you are more of a fan of muffins you can pour into a muffin tin.
- Bake For 45-55 minutes.
- Pull out of the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve as desired.
- Eat and Enjoy!
Adding vegan butter, peanut butter, almond butter, or honey to a slice makes it a complete and delicious snack!
Thank you to Judi Sperry of dotting the i for the recipe http://www.dottingthei-ltd.com