Join Us To Help Scare Away Hunger In North County!
Throughout the month of October we will be collecting jars of peanut butter!
- 1 in 6 people in North County are food insecure – that means they don’t always know where their next meal is coming from. 1 in 5 kids. It’s a scary way to live.
- The North County Food Bank, a chapter of the Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank, provides food to more than 60,000 people every month by working with more than 120 non-profit partners (food pantries, soup kitchens, meal programs and shelters)
- The majority of people who are struggling with hunger in our region are working, but just have a tough time always making ends meet.
- The North County Food Bank is focused on getting nutritious food to people who need it – 1/3 of the food distributed is fresh fruits and vegetables.
- The San Diego Food Bank is a very efficient. 93 cents of every dollar goes directly to programs and services; every dollar donated provides 5 meals for hungry San Diegans.