Dear Fortis Family,
It is so crazy that it has been over 3 months since we had to temporarily shut our doors due to COVID-19! We are happy to say that we are at the point of strategically planning our physical reopening! We wanted to update you with our plan and tentative phased reopening dates. Please note that if our PPE or various materials needed to safely reopen are delayed, or we feel for any reason the safety of our staff or clients are at risk, we will push these dates back further. As you know, things can change very rapidly so we appreciate your patience and understanding if by the time you come into the facility there are changes made. As always, we will do our best to communicate.
- Personal Training – resume in person on Monday, June 22nd
- Classes – resume in person on Monday June 29th
Our reopening class schedule will be modified to start, you may not see the same classes/times as you did prior to closing, as we assess the demand we will make necessary adjustments. We are still offering virtual classes so you can maintain your routine from home or combine with in-studio classes as well. As always, please provide any feedback that will help in our reopening.
Finally, we wanted to give you a brief overview of some of the major changes that will occur to ensure a safe environment for all staff and clients. We know there is a lot of information below, but it is extremely important that everyone is on the same page and has a clear understanding of what will become our new normal going forward.
The health and safety of all members and team members are ALL OF OUR responsibilities. We must all maintain the rules AND hold each other accountable to do so. Failure to follow any of these rules will result in expulsion from the facility and suspension / termination of your access.
***Employees and clients who feel ill or are exhibiting cold or flu like symptoms (even without a fever) should absolutely not enter the facility. Please be smart and courteous to your Fortis Family and stay home!***
Masks and Social Distancing
- All employees will be required to wear a facial covering over their nose and mouth at all times except while teaching from a stationary position. Should the instructor choose to move around, they will put a facial covering on.
- All clients will be required to wear a facial covering over their nose and mouth while entering and walking throughout the facility. Once you get to your mat/station/bike/training session; you may take it off just for the scheduled time. No one will be allowed to enter the facility without a facial covering.
- All employees and clients will have temperature checks upon entering. Anyone with a temperature over 100.3F will not be permitted entry.
- All employees and clients must enter through the front door in order to undergo the temperature check and hand sanitizing. EVERY TIME YOU ENTER, Absolutely no exceptions!
- Social distancing of 6 feet is required whenever possible. We will have marked floor decals at the check-in desk and in the studios denoting physical distance.
- Children, guests, etc. are not permitted entry to the facility if they are not registered for a class or session. ONLY SCHEDULED EMPLOYEES AND CLIENTS REGISTERED FOR A CLASS, OPEN GYM, OR TRAINING SESSION MAY ENTER THE FACILITY.
- All rooms and equipment will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized after every class/visit.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the facility.
- All employees and clients will be asked to sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the facility.
- All employees and clients are required to wipe down their spot in class and any weights used at the end of class.
- Wipes will be available in all rooms to sanitize spots, mats, weights, etc.
- The cleaning crew will continue to do a deep clean and sanitization of all touch points every night.
Check-In and Reservations
- All clients must have a paid reservation for class in order to attend. No walk-in clients will be permitted, even if there is space in the class. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Reservations will be able to be made one week in advance
- Please note that for classes beginning on Monday 6/29, the booking window may be slightly less than one week.
- All clients need to ensure they have an active/valid credit card on file. No cash will be accepted. (credit card information can be updated on Mind Body prior to attending)
- Make sure to have our mobile app downloaded to be able to make class reservations with ease!
- All Classes will be limited to 8 students except cycling which will be limited to 6. Waitlists will be enabled for all classes.
- If you are on the waitlist and a spot opens up, you will be notified with as much notice as possible.
- Due to the limited availability of space:
- Any reservation cancellations must be made at least 3 hours prior to the class start time. If cancelled within the 3-hour window, a $10 late cancel fee will be applied.
- Any client that no shows for a reservation will be charged a $20 no show fee.
- Because of the limited number of spots in class, there will be no exceptions to this.
- We ask that all clients registered for a class arrive at least 5 minutes before but not more than 15 minutes prior to class start time; otherwise the reserved spot may be forfeited and considered a no show.
- Clients who wish to participate in Open Gym are required to make a reservation.
- Open Gym reservations are limited and will only occur on the hour for 50 minutes (to allow proper sanitization after). (Ex – 9:00a-9:50a, 10:00a-10:50a, etc.) ALL open gym clients will be asked to leave at the 50-minute mark. No exceptions.
- Open gym will not be available while a class is taking place on the turf area.
- We will ask members to limit their visits to 1x per day to start as we assess the demand and to give everyone a chance to participate
- Everyone will be asked to fill out a supplemental waiver.
Towel and Mats
- All members/clients and employees taking or teaching a class must bring their own mat and towel.
- There will be no towel or mat service for employees or clients.
- New hand towels will be available to purchase if you forgot to bring one.
Classes and Sessions
- Spots will be numbered in classes so clients can choose where they want to be.
- When making a reservation for class, you will be asked to pick an exact spot number. If you choose not to, a spot will randomly be assigned to you by our system.
- All classes will be taught so that clients remain in their assigned spot.
- The turf area has been adjusted so that each spot has all necessary equipment
- We are working on a system to be able to have classes that are taught in person, also be able to be live streamed to those at home as well.
- There will be no hands-on adjustments in classes or personal training sessions.
- Clients should try to limit entering and exiting the studio once class has begun.
- The instructor will close and open the studio doors at the start and end of class.
- All upstairs studios’ dirty/used weights will be placed in the member lounge after class (no used weights are to go back into the racks after class)
- We will not be offering Kids Classes at this time.
- Trainers will be required to wear facial coverings and disposable gloves at all times
- Gloves must be changed between sessions
- There must be a minimum of 20 minutes between sessions to allow our team to properly sanitize as well as allow you to wash your hands, sanitize, switch gloves, etc.
- Clients will not be permitted back to the gym area until 5 minutes prior to their session start time.
- Trainers will sanitize all equipment immediately after use (during the session).
- There will be no splitting sets on equipment with another client.
- One client must completely finish using the machine/equipment and properly sanitize prior to another client using it.
Retail and Common Areas
- All retail sales will be suspended at this time.
- The no touch, refillable water station is available for use, so make sure to bring your refillable water bottle.
- All employees and clients must wash their hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds after using the restroom.
- Lockers and showers will NOT be available at this time.
- All personal belongings should be left in your car. Clients should only bring in the bare minimum to class or for a session. Those personal items shall stay with the client in their assigned class space.
- You may leave your shoes outside of the Yoga studio
- i.e. water bottles (with a sealed lid), towel, yoga mat, keys / wallet
- Personal amenities such as mouthwash, lotion, and hairdryers will be temporarily unavailable in the locker rooms.
- To ensure the safety of our Fortis Family, KidFit Childcare will NOT be offered until further notice.
We thank you so much for being part of our Fortis Family and helping us navigate through this challenging time! We also once again want to thank everyone who maintained their memberships and helped us compensate our team!