ACTIVITIES & CRAFTS FOR YOU TO DO WITH YOUR CHILDREN AT HOME
- A favorite activity in KidFit is coloring, especially coloring in coloring books. Coloring is also a great activity for children because it’s fun and helps improve motor skills as they get better at holding the markers or crayons and coloring inside the lines. One of my favorite places to get coloring pages if you don’t have any coloring books at home is the Crayola website. There are tons of free printable pages of all different themes. If you don’t have a printer at home, blank sheets of paper also work great and allow for kids to get creative and come up with their own pictures.
- Have your kids join you with one of the Fortis Instagram live workouts during the day! It’s a great way for kids to get exercise as well as get some energy out from being at home so much during this time. Also try some of the activities in a previous blog post about encouraging activity through yoga and games.
- Another favorite in KidFit is drawing with chalk. If you have chalk at home you can draw on the sidewalk outside and even turn it into an opportunity for education and practice shapes, letters, or spelling.
- Watch the live cameras for a number of different animals on the San Diego Zoo websitehttps://zoo.sandiegozoo.org/live-cams. You can also learn more about the many different animals on their website for kids https://kids.sandiegozoo.org
- Make up a treasure hunt and hide items around the house for your child/children to find. You could make a list of specific items to find or tell them to find items of one specific color. There are many different ways to try this out.
- Read books, play board games or do a puzzle.
- If you’re looking for a new craft to try here are a couple of my favorites!
Even though this is a stressful time for many, enjoy the time you get to spend with your family! Keep an eye out for future blogs with more ideas!