YOGALUX Yoga Teacher Training will prepare you to guide students through a safe and challenging Yoga class. Even if you are not interested in teaching; this is a great way to deepen your personal Yoga practice!
The YOGALUX Teacher Training program is a fun, safe, and effective curriculum designed for students who wish to lead their own Yoga class or for those who just desire to strengthen their personal Yoga practice. Our program brings together students from all backgrounds as they journey towards profound self-discovery and a strong, confident Yoga practice.
The YOGALUX 200 Hour Vinyasa Teacher Training is taught by a variety of our most experienced Yoga instructors. Our faculty of instructors is diverse in their Yoga backgrounds; each bringing their own distinguished expertise into our training to inspire each student to cultivate their own unique style of teaching and practice.
All of our Yoga Teacher Training programs are registered with Yoga Alliance. Our trainings are small and intimate – ensuring individualized attention for all participants. At the conclusion of the YOGALUX Teacher Training, students are adequately prepared to safely and confidently lead their own Yoga class.
We offer flexible and comprehensive programs throughout the year that can accommodate anyone’s schedule.
Our Extended Program meets two evenings per week and one Saturday per month.
Our Summer Intensive program meets for 11 consecutive days.
The Yoga Teacher Training at YOGALUX is competitively priced at $2,500; which includes the manual and classes at the studio during the training. If enrolled by our Early Bird deadline, the cost is $2,250. We also offer flexible payment plan options upon request. We also offer discounts to members of the military, fire department, police department, first responders, teachers, and students.
Click Here to register online or Call (760) 438 – 4847 for additional information or to register by phone.
Learn more about Lead Instructor Lauren Griffith
Syllabus Overview and Recognition
Our Yoga Teacher Training Program is accredited through Yoga Alliance, which ensures you will receive a comprehensive education that meets the requirements of five categories that Yoga Alliance defines.
YOGALUX 200 HOUR YOGALUX TEACHER TRAINING CURRICULUM:
- Techniques, Training and Practice: 100 hours
- Techniques include asana, pranayamas (breath), meditation, chanting, and other traditional Yoga practices
- Emphasis on how to teach and practice the techniques, as well as guided practice of the techniques themselves
- Teaching Methodology: 25 hours
- Principles of sequencing and class flow, time management, adjustments, alignment, demonstration, language, and musicality.
- Understand how to address the specific needs of individuals and various populations in a class setting.
- Students learn to recognize their principal teaching style and identify essential qualities of a Yoga teacher.
- Extensive seminar on the Business of Yoga; comprehending contract language, insurance, understanding studio operations, marketing, etc.
- Anatomy and Physiology: 20 hours
- Comprehensive study of human physical anatomy and physiology, as well as its application to Yoga practice. Emphasis on benefits, indication and contraindications, and safe and healthy movement patterns.
- Additional emphasis on energy anatomy and physiology (chakra, nadis, etc.)
- Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers: 30 hours
- Study of the history of Yoga, Yoga philosophies, and traditional Yoga texts (Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, etc.).
- Discussion of various Yoga lifestyle practices; non-violence (ahisma), dharma, and karma.
- Focus of ethics of a Yoga teacher, relationships, community, and service (seva).
- Practicum: 10 hours
- Students will lead practice classes as lead instructor, and receive feedback (minimum of 5 hours). Students are required to teach a minimum of 5 FREE classes at the studio to count towards their practicum hours in order to graduate. Classes are open to the public.
- Observe other teachers and provide feedback.
- Assist other teachers in their classes.
Remaining Contact Hours and Elective Hours: (15 hours)
- Remaining hours are distributed according to the school’s and/or lead teacher’s chosen emphasis
YOGALUX provides a space where anyone can enjoy balance, health, and tranquility through the practice of yoga.
At YOGALUX, we are eager to learn, teach, grow with you and share what makes YOGALUX special. YOGALUX offers a variety of classes to suit your individuality and keep it fresh; we each come to the mat for different goals and needs. We don’t subscribe to the one size fits all “vanilla” approach where every class is the same. Whether you need to sweat it out in one of our hot classes, get fit in one of our LUX Barre classes, or stretch and relax in our tranquil LUX Restorative or LUX Deep Stretch classes; YOGALUX has the class for you! Check out our broad range of classes and their descriptions here
The very best in state-of-the-art facilities, instruction and overall experience: